Monday, August 10, 2009

Rafting, Nicknames and 5 Bikes

Rafting trip this past weekend was fun. It could be because the house we were staying at was cleaner, bigger and over all better than the house last year.

The best things about this rafting trip: being the oldest (sorority years) I claimed seniority (this included shotgun/window, bed and shower... HOLLAA), rafting, all you can eat sushi that wasn't $20 but $16, good company and karaoke. Yes, karaoke! I was rocking that mic along with the other fellow singers, not very well, but I enjoyed myself. I wasn't intoxicated at first until I got a hold of a bowl of "watermelon vodka". Basically slices watermelon that has been injected with vodka. I didn't taste anything. So intense singing + about 13 slices of watermelons= pass out at 2AM while everyone is up until 6AM.

Just a few unfavorable things about the trip: racist white guy and turning into a different color. Now I don't get mad easily, but this white guy was WAY too racist. I don't want to get into details, but I really want to beat him with a paddle. Anyways. My shoulders are too dark now and one leg is darker than the other.

Something I noticed from this trip is Nicknames. People give each other nicknames because they don't not know your name. It is true and I am one of those people. Its hard when you are with a group of people and half of them you don't know. How do you remember them or try and get their attention when clearly you don't know their names? Give them a nickname! I don't really care if people give me nicknames, actually it is kind of funny. This weekend I was known as Bag Lady (from last year's rafting trip because I held the bag of sandwiches so I wouldn't get thrown in) and Ketchup/Tomato (because someone (aka LILY TRAN) was telling everyone I put ketchup in my sandwich). So I don't even know if they knew my real name, it's OK I didn't know theirs. HHAHAA

Lastly, my biking hobby has now became a family affair (or friend affair, whatever my Friends and roomies are my family). We now became duo bikers to a bicycle gang. There is officially 5 bikes in my garage and wonderful Zahra has a bike rack that can fit 4 bikes. So that means....BIKING AT THE BEACH! I can not wait for that!! yeeeee!! ps. When I say Bike I mean Bicycle not motorcycle for those who may not understand. HAHA

1 comment:

  1. lucky you suziepoo! i've lost all fun in the activity of biking. using it to drag my ass to school everyday has associated it with negative feelings :( BUT, maybe i will try a beach ride to make it fun. kuz you make it sound fun! what kind of bike do you have? a beach cruiser?

    ReplyDelete