Sunday, August 2, 2009

The meaning of SLOF.

SLOF. Summer List Of Fun. Now many of you have probably heard or seen about this infamous SLOF. I admit I didn't think it would be so popular or catch the interest of others (I am such a trend setter, just kidding haha). I thought it would just be this personal list that will keep me busy this summer since I'm not taking summer school. I wanted this summer to be enjoyable and not only contain intoxication.

Basically, everyone has a "mental" list of things they want to do over the summer. But honestly, did you really bungee jump last summer? Be realistic, you do not have money (unless of course your parents are filthy rich, then lucky you). Now I'm talking about things you can actually do and afford. This list should step outside of your own comfort zone, but at the same time be doable. It should be for pure enjoyment, with no hidden agendas. There isn't really a "goal" in doing the things on your list, the only thing anyone should be aiming for when doing a SLOF is having fun. Don't get me wrong, I love goals and I think everyone should have them. But losing weight is not fun and it is not on my SLOF. Instead, I would consider it a SLOG, Summer List Of Goals (which will be explained in a later blog). Anyways, a SLOF is something that should make you happy. It should be something that you can enjoy with your good friends. A SLOF isn't a composed list to impress people or rub into someones face that their summer sucks. It's a list to get your mind active and not think about the fear of being jobless in the future or maybe that bad grade last quarter, or that jackass and/or bitch who screwed you over. SLOF is here to make you realize that you can always do better in anything that you do and that you will always have these good friends who will always be there. It might sound crazy, but I think it can build confidence help you see that you deserve more than just a slice of cake (haha). What I'm trying to say your list should be things that will make you happy, get off your lazy butt and make you realize that there is more to life than watching TV, drinking, the opposite sex and Facebook (yes I understand I am a victim of these, but I make it up by SLOFing).

So I know I probably sound crazy and that I am thinking too much in to the "idea" of SLOF, but I don't care. I am pretty sure I didn't come to this conclusion until after performing some of my SLOF activities and explaining to others what SLOF is. So when you ask me how my summer is and I answer "it's going good", believe me I am not lying. Summer is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment